Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm Feelin'...

...Flying Lotus right now for some reason. I was going through some tapes I recorded last year, like various beats from different artists that I went on to record on a Maxell UR60 cassette tape...just so I can have some dope beats or whatever to vibe at--yeah, you know I still rock a Walkman--and I came across this Fly Lo joint that had some ill percussions on them...like congas/bongos or somethin'. I'm thinking to myself, damn...this is pretty fresh! Then I started thinkin' if I knew any beat like that...that's what Fly Lo would use. He's got this distinct sound/style to his beats knowing full well that YOU KNOW that's him on the beat tip. I can sorta tell by how his style is mellow/dark, thumpin'... Deep bass that also has this "hum-drum" effect--which I like to call myself--mixin' it up with cool sound effects and various styles of music like Soul and Jazz with that flava' of Hip-Hop all sandwiched up in a nice package with that special sauce added. Mmm...Gyeah. Reminds me when I first heard and got both the 1983 and Los Angeles albums...BLISS. Gotta say that all his LP's and EP's are ALL BOMB. Not to mention the artwork on the album covers...Not to shabby if I may say so myself. Samples below...




If you're askin' about why cassette tapes and not CD-R's or an iPod...I'm not sure, either. Wasn't sure what I was thinkin' about putting them on tapes...I guess I wanted to go back and relive it all when THERE WERE tapes, and the essence of keepin' ish proper, aside from vibin' with them in the ride and with friends...

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment