Saturday, December 20, 2008

Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down

Be like water making its way through cracks... Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless--like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
-Bruce Lee


"We're left with the music as residue, and within it the lesson of soured idealism turned nihilism fed by rock-star excess. It's a slippery slope, and we all know where it's led some."
-Andre Torres (Waxpoetics Issue 32; Editor's Letter)



It's amazing how we wake up everyday and go about our daily lives, our routines, not knowing what will happen...what are day will bring...that outcome. We may question ourselves...but we still don't know. Every single day it's like that. Each time, we don't even think about the people around us, what they do...etc. (Well, perhaps "reality" TV shows...psh, fuck that). I really mean when we get out of our houses and live and work our lives just to get by this world. Good or bad, we jump up and get beat down. Hey, sometimes we don't even think of our own selves...Us people like to strive, be ambitious, have goals, settle down...some others...don't. We may stand apart from the rest of the crowd, whatever type of person you are, and a few just do their own thing and say that they are (pardon me) "different". Conformity can suck it. I'm not sure that you follow, I don't care if you don't, but simply put...society, life, cultures...this world we call home...is like water, baby...it's like water...The difference between good or bad is that we need those, a balance...Be water, my friend...


I really like how I'm different; conformity...sorry, pal. Don't ask me for doin' it...believe me when I do it.

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment