Friday, January 2, 2009

Pressing On Toward The Goal

Topic of discussion tonight from the Group was goals. I agree what Pastor Edward was saying, and I'm sure all of us fall into this category, including yours truly, guilty...that when we make those yearly resolutions, whether one or two things...maybe twenty things, that those are not met. Meaning, very few don't get accomplished, if not none of them, because of our neglect and ignorance. However, some people can accomplish those resolutions. (Props to those who can). It's easier said than done...I bet that's what we all do. Versus goals. Those are different. Goals can be accomplished when we put our hearts and minds to it and...well...actually do it! It's that strive, the drive...that hunger.

If say...you had 30 things that needed to be accomplished, goals/resolutions, versus just 1 or 2...it's better that you have just those one or two...maybe three things accomplished because too many can result in failure and lack of getting all of them done...So focus on one thing at a time...Focus on that one that you want to get accomplished...have that desire. I don't know how people can have so many things that they would like to accomplish...you'd have to be a really strong, motivated person to do that...I admit, sometimes I envy those who can...

So, without further ado...I'd like to share a passage from the Bible from the book of Philippians chapter 3:12-16...hope this can be an implement for you for a great year in 2009, as it sure did to me...


12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Take this into consideration to yourself...and well, maybe to others, and it will make you a much stronger, better person. If you missed tonight, this is what we discussed. I just wanted to share to you this because it is true that we always get caught up with resolutions that are half-assed, and the passed, which I think it is important to just forget them...yet forgive, if there's anything that needs to be forgiven, and move forward to the future. Don't get caught up with resolutions vs. goals by saying it and not being able to do it because that, to me, is disrespecting yourself and being ignorant. Accomplish by actually doing it! Don't be half-assed about it...

Let God in, because God is love...Peace ya'll...


Here are my personal goals for 2009 that I'd like to share:
1) Get back on the motivation train...
2) Finding inner-strength (mentally & emotionally speaking...)
3) Situated & stable...then attack when ready...
4) Less worries of what is around me...stay focused on now...
5) Finding...Ms. Right...?

b. welcomebackaprilthanksfortheheadsup =)

No comments:

Post a Comment