Tuesday, January 13, 2009

D.I.T.C. (A Look Back...)

Today, Tuesday, I think I'll make this segment by looking back at two particular artists and one dope ass album, made by two dope ass producers and emcees of the game.


Today's Digging In The Crates segment, I'll focus on the Madvillainy albums, 1 and 2. What do I say about these 2 albums, other than the fact they are two dope ass classics that have ever came out from geniuses of the game? Well, like I said in my blog entry (Take On Music) I mentioned that digging is just more than looking, picking up, a quick preview/rundown, then buying it...It's the passion of the music, the record itself...you gotta look through it...inside, out, in between...studying it. In these 2 albums, it's exactly what I do, not to mention on all the records I dig through. What sets the Madvillainy albums apart from the rest of the crowd, are the sounds, the production/sequencing/arrangements, and lyrics. Both albums, in my opinion, just makes me feel so damn...musically horny. I don't know...there's just something about Doom and Madlib that I love. Two of the illest villains in the game today. What makes it the way I feel is just the dope ass lyrics of Doom, in combination with the production of Doom and Madlib, i.e., samples, thumpy bass, scratches here-and-there, the whole grimy-ness, and sound quality the album just brings from my ears to my whole body...My body and soul are just possessed with the overall illy-ness of it. I don't know how else to describe these albums, other than the fact that these are one of the illest albums that I've ever bought since my early years of record collecting. If you're not convinced about my commentary/review...then I suggest you pick 'em up (if you haven't already) and see for your own damn selves. Obviously these are out now, and Madvillainy 2: The Madlib Remixes just recently came out later 2008...Okay, fyi, the first Madvillain album came out 5 years ago, 2004. Both, via Stones Throw Records.


Madvillainy 2, I just recently purchased and it's just what I expected, again, this time Madlib on the remixes. With 25 joints to deafen your ears, it's another Madvillain album you can't sleep on. It's MADLIB, DARNIT! Kills it like-a-mother every single time! This dude is unstoppable...even when making new albums...like how many albums has he pumped out through his musical life...!?


These two cats are remarkably talented and deserve tons of credit. What will they be concocting next...? I'm not sure...but I'm sure I'll be there to pick up whatever they push out...




THE MADVILLAINY 2 BOX SET



For more on The Box, visit stonesthrow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment