Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Day With Mochilla...

I love watching anything documentary...and Mochilla is my favorite. Backed by photography gurus Brian Cross (aka B+) and Eric Coleman, it's these 3 DVD's I present to you that YOU MUST WATCH. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...


Unfortunately, I haven't purchased the Soundclash DVD yet, but I'm planning to soon. I so want it! For those who don't know who DJ Dusk is...well...I'll leave that up to you to find out. RIP to one of the greats...Just imagine what Dusk and Dilla are doin' up there. Fascinating...






If anyone that's a drummer or dj...or loves music...or all of the above! It's these next 2 that you can't miss. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO WATCH...HIGHLY ENJOYABLE...


Keepintime is a still and video documentation of a collaborative effort between the most talented DJ's/producers and most influential break beat drummers including; Paul Humphrey, James Gadson, and Derf Reklaw, and DJ's; Cut Chemist, Babu, J.Rocc, Madlib, Nu-Mark and Shortcut. This is something to watch again and again and AGAIN...! Very inspiring as well...PEEP!








A documentary film by Coleman and B+, filmed in Sao Paulo, Brasil.

In September 2002 Coleman and B+ went to Sao Paulo for nine days. They had a week to link with (hip hop) Brasil, enlist three drummers and find enough breaks to make a break record to guarantee commitment from our oversubscribed DJs back home. This is my favorite to watch. I've watch this DVD countless times and each time I watch it I'm always at awe by this documentary...Yeah, I'm speechless. I'm gonna let you guys watch this...GO GET IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment