Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...We Still Wait...

...Mom calls. It's 7:44AM. I answer half-awake, half-asleep..."Hello?"

She asks if Papa is awake. I answer that he is on the way to the hospital. Mom also asks if I have school today, I say, "Yeah, I have class." "I have another procedure at 11", she says to me, probably still dizzy or that she might have just woke up...I can tell she is crying. She is. I was right. I cried a little last night...But I'm still holding on.

"I'll be okay...I love you", she says without any hesitation. "I love you, too...", I said, still laying on my bed, eyes closed...waiting for some answer...some miracle. "Bye..." "Bye..." we both said, almost simultaneously...


Class is today. Love you...get better soon...

b. I'm glad.
____________________

UPDATE: 10:21AM
...Sitting, waiting for class. Time is a dragger...

I guess I'll reflect on the events starting on Monday. I don't think I've made it totally clear to you people, if you're wondering what went down...

Okay, so I was still asleep, knowing that it was already Monday...But that Monday went from a regular, normal day to upside down in a matter of moments. My dad woke me up around 7AM...he tells me that mom isn't feeling well--she has chest pains, nausea/vomiting--I was freaking out...I stood there dumb-founded. It felt so surreal...Like...is this really happening...? My mom wanted to go to the hospital so my dad dailed 911 without hesitation...In five minutes paramedics and fire came into our house; They were doing their regular procedures on my mom--information, medical history, blood pressure, etc., etc. I still stood there like a dumb-ass...I hardly said anything. I've never had this happen, let alone OUR family...MY mom, my dad's wife. She was quickly transferred to the paramedic truck and transferred immediately to the emergency room in Condell...A few minutes later, we followed to where she was held in the emergency room--room 45--the very last room in the E.R. Soon, time started ticking...

We all had stayed there for about 6 hours in the E.R. Nurses and doctors were figuring out what was wrong with her...They took blood tests, paper work, IV's...scary. My mom laying there...She looked pale...Tubes in her body...I can see the drip, drip, drip of the IV...the sound of monitors beeping....

Later, one of the doctors said that the blood tests were negative, but they looked into it more and said that her potassium levels are low and that she needed to get her potassium level up. So, they gave her a little bag...like an IV bag, but much, much smaller, I think 20cc's of potassium chloride. My dad and I sat next to her...mom is resting, or at least trying to...her on and off chest pains were bothering her, still, while laying there...I was scared. I know my dad was, too even though he might not tell you...Trust me, I bet he was, too...

Soon, she started feeling nauseous and vomiting...I walked out quickley for a moment to get a nurse. The nurse and I helped my mom, getting her a pan, moist towels, and paper towels. She was in pain...I felt helpless. I didn't know what to do except talk to her and comfort her. I didn't want to leave her...so I decided to stay. I didn't care for the fact about myself, whether I was starving...I only cared about her. I stayed behind because my mom had told my dad to get her things--insurance, clothes, documents, etc., etc.--I just never thought my day would be like this...

Several hours later, nurses and doctors had told us that she will have to stay at the hospital for further obeservation because it is still undetermined what she has. One of the doctors said she might have some sort of virus...and so they had to bring her to radiaology where I wanted to be with her--specifically, they wanted to do an ultrasound on her pelvic region. See, she had her gall bladder taken out because she had gall stones and the doctor said that sometimes their can be side-effects contributed to that...That there might be stones around her liver. Result? Nurses and doctors determined that the ultrasound didn't really show clear...So then she was going to be transferred to the hospital with her own bed for further observation--4th floor, room 431--it's there, still, is where she is staying...

She told me on the phone this morning when she called that they are doing another procedure today at 11AM--which is in 10 minutes--please pray for my mom and us...give my mom, the nurses, doctors, dad, strength and healing...

love you, mom...

love, Brian.



I'll get at you guys in a bit...

b.
____________________

UPDATE: 7:24PM

I just got back visiting my mom =)

I left school right away at about 4PM and drove to the hospital to see her. Just before I left the house this morning to go to class my dad arrives at home and he told me that she is doing just fine and that she's feeling better. My morning, actually, went pretty well...except class. But that's class...whatever. Anyways, I arrived at the hospital, anxious to see her and how she was doing...I hoped they found out what was wrong...

At the 4th floor, I was getting close to her room--431--there, I knocked softly...not knowing if she was sleeping or not...but I knocked slowly, she says, "Hi, anak." (That's 'child' in Tagalog...) I waved and said hi back to her...I was so happy. My mom looked and felt much, much better...I can see her eyes, her smile, just her whole face light up, and yes, it was, too, that I was there to visit. I missed her...I love her. She soon positioned herself back to bed, thin blanket, pillow, the works. Lights on, tv on...I was sitting next to her. We were talking a little. I loved that moment. I asked her what was wrong with her and she said that her electrolytes and potassium levels were just way to low...Her immune system was weak...She just needed those up back to normal levels. Thank, God! She also said to me that she was blessed that she didn't have to need any surgery because they had said that her bile duct was swollen. Mom also said that tests were all negative and fine...it was just her electrolytes.

Mom is fine now. She looks real good...Hopefully she'll be discharged completely tomorrow. I can't wait...


My mom says that I sort of look like Tiger Woods...even when I smile. She says that I smile just like him...


Those moments...=)


Prayers have been answered...We're all blessed...Mom's fine. Thank you to everyone that thought about us and for all the prayers and blessings...And yes, just continue to pray for her for complete healing, strength, and recovery...

I'll get at you...

b.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, B. I feel for you so much. I don't want anything bad to happen to you or your family. Its not fair. You're a good guy, no doubt your family is lovely - and if it should happen to anyone, I'd rather it be me than my friends. And also, as much as you might not feel like eating, PLEASE EAT. You might not care about you right now, but I care. Keep your strength up, otherwise... well.

    How was today for you? How was class? I had class today. Agonising hour after agonising hour of calculus, Pythag, etc. etc. So painful. But I have a good teacher.

    And I meant every word in my post about you; I promise. And you made my day again.

    Love and prayers with you now and always,

    Deanna xxx

    ReplyDelete