Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Presenting Hypnotic Brass Ensemble + Cradle Orchestra...


All I can say is thanks to Plug Label on this one. This is WOW. AMAZING. What am I talking about? The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. After previewing some of their tracks on iTunes--two albums, Jupiter and Flipside; They have more, might want to check there site--and the video posted up on the Plug Label blog, I was so definitely hooked on these dudes. I'm grabbin' their albums, man. I dig these dudes...and the video below. Definitely a good look, Plug...And the best part? They're from CHICAGO. Mmhmm...Dudes remind me of The Roots Crew for some reason. Maybe it's Tuba...? Yeah, Tuba...Anyways, here's the video swapped from Plug Label. The video is called War. The video is shot like '70's style...like it was an opening credit to some show. Dope shit...






Also presenting...Cradle Orchestra. I'm a usual suspect on Okayplayer and an Okay fan (I have some merchandise to prove that...). And yesterday, I was browsing on the news section and my attention went over to Cradle Orchestra featuring BLACK THOUGHT. Whoa...Gyeah. Here's the track that I was listening to...It's called Live Forever. Listen and download via ZShare...Just click away...The band...excuse me, the group, no, no, no...the Orchestra hales from Japan handling the live sounds. Hip-Hop? Yes. With a twist of classical...You can say Classical Hip-Hop...with flava'. We all want flava'...so I give this to you. Gyeah. They've been at it for awhile now (see discography) and Live Forever appears on Cradle's new LP that dropped last month (why didn't I know about them sooner!?) titled, Velvet Ballads. Sounds so ill don't it? You gotta grab the LP, if you're guessing...yes, I have it! My new favorite album...so dope! I'm feelin' 'em!



Finally, Paul Dateh. Nah, I didn't forget to post him up here...wanted to make it a little surprise to ya'll. But anyways, he's been doin' his thang for a minute now and after all those YouTube videos and songs that he violined for--see Inverse's new EP, So True--I was wondering when Paul was going to drop an album...Until a couple of days ago when I was on some blog, then on his official site. His self-titled album dropped last month on the 27th--it's up on iTunes--and his album is clearly what it's been made for. Real, soulful music. Check that out. Listen to Be More and you'll see what I mean. And yeah, that was one of the tracks I heard a couple of days ago. And so, with all that being said, here's an ill video from YouTube...Paul Dateh and Inka One...Peep...


2 comments:

  1. YESSSS!!! Cradle Orchestra is BRILLIANT!!! bro love the track "Live Forever" w/ Black Thought. I listened to some of their songs on their myspace last night and was like WOAH!!! Still gotta listen to the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd dig 'em too, man! I have the album now...Damn, it's SWEET!! Grab it, dude!

    ReplyDelete