Tuesday, April 7, 2009

D.I.T.C. The D

Here are two Detroit, Michigan natives with two new albums. One of which we hopefully all know and one whose debut album just dropped. And, yes, I recently picked up both...well, at least one of them for now...


Picked this up just yesterday. Like literally last minute, ha! I was on Imeem trying to add/delete songs to my playlist and while on there, there was a banner at the top and it read DILLANTHOLOGY 1. And for anyone that knows me...I bugged out! I mean, hey, it's Jay Dee! So I just had to cop it. Gyeah. Anyways, this album is a compilation of Dilla's productions made for other artists, such as, Common, The Pharcyde, Busta Rhymes, The Roots, Steve Spacek, and Erykah Badu--just to name some; they're on the album. This came out not too long ago...Not really sure exactly when it dropped, but I'm glad I picked it up...from a banner ad, ha!





I spotted this first on rappersiknow.com and when I heard a couple of tracks on there--even that Black Milk produced track which was on some other site I can't remember off the top of my head...and I think you know what track that is--I was hooked. I'd give this album 8 out of 10. It's crazy when you listen and look at the production on this album...and his flow ain't that bad, either. This, too, I'm planning to snatch...And it's out today. Looks like the "D" has some serious fire power comin' up...

b.

2 comments:

  1. brO, I got the DILLANTHOLOGY Vol.1 last week. I saw it and had to get it...along with Kaskade - The Grand which is an AwEsOmE mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, bro. Ha, I feel like no one reads our blogs...Props, though. Yeah, I'm feelin' that Dillanthology and I'm so into Tortured Soul right now...like MAJOR. I'm starting to like House music even more thanks to those dudes. I'll check that Kaskade album. When did that come out? Oh, I also have the new OM Miami 2009...ish is dope.

    ReplyDelete