Thursday, March 19, 2009

First & Second Round Revealed

It's time. It's finally here. The first round of the '09 NCAA Tournament. Unfortunately, I'm at campus waiting for class to start. So, yet again, I find myself at the L.R.C., on the computer, on Blogger...well, blogging away for today's entry, which happens to be this one you are reading. Anyways, I hope to catch the rest of today's ball games...especially the ones I mentioned on yesterdays post. Speaking of which, there's other games that I'm hoping to catch and be on the look out for--no, it isn't because I'm not sure about my predications made on my own bracket standings--it's just because I think it will be a real close, interesting game. That's my reason. So here are the others I'm hopin' to catch:

(2) Memphis v. (15) Cal St. North.
(6) Marquette v. (11) Utah St.
(1) Connecticut v. (16) Chattanooga (Fallon is on this one. But I don't know...)
(8) LSU v. (9) Butler

Okay, so here it is. I probably won't be safe with this one...But hey, at least give me credit for trying! Here's my picks for the first round going off to the second:

EAST:
(1) Pittsburgh def. (16) East Tenn. St. >> making Pitt. off to the second round
(8) Oklahoma St. def. Tennessee >> making OK St. off to the second round

(5) Florida St. def. (12) Wisconsin >> making FL St. off to the second round
(4) Xavier def. (13) Portland St. >> making Xavier off to the second round

(6) UCLA def. (11) VCU >> making UCLA off to the second round
(3) Villanova def. (14) American >> making Villa off to the second round

(7) Texas def. (10) Minnesota >> making Tx off to the second round
(2) Duke def. (15) Binghampton >> making Duke off to the second round


SOUTH:
(1) North Carolina def. (16) Radford >> making Nor. Car. off to the second round
(8) LSU def. (9) Butler >> making LUS off to the second round

(5) Illinois def. (12) Western Kentucky >> making Illini off to the second round
(4) Gonzaga def. (13) Akron >> making Gonz. off to the second round

(6) Arizona St. def. (11) Temple >> making Az St. off to the second round
(3) Syracuse def. (14) Steph. F. Austin >> making Syracuse off to the second round

(10) Michigan def. (7) Clemson >> making Michigan off to the second round
(2) Oklahoma def. (15) Morgan St. >> making Ok off to the second round


MIDWEST:
(1) Louisville def. (16) Morehead St. >> making L'ville off to the second round
(8) Ohio St. def. (9) Siena >> making Ohio St. off to the second round

(5) Utah def. (12) Arizona >> making Utah off to the second round
(4) Wake Forest def. (13) Cleveland St. >> making Wake off to the second round

(6) Western Virginia def. (11) Dayton >> making Western Virg. off to the second round
(3) Kansas def. (14) North Dakota St. >> making Kansas off to the second round

(7) Boston College def. Southern California >> making B.C. off to the second round
(2) Michigan St. def. (15) Robert Morris >> making Michigan St. off to the second round


WEST:
(1) Connecticut def. (16) Chattanooga >> making Conn. off to the second round
(9) Texas A & M def. (8) BYU >> making Texas A & M off to the second round

(5) Purdue def. (12) UNI >> making Purdue off to the second round
(13) Mississippi St. def. (4) Washington >> making Miss. St. off to the second round

(6) Marquette def. (11) Utah St. >> making Marquette off to the second round
(3) Missouri def. (14) Cornell >> making Missouri off to the second round

(7) California def. (10) Maryland >> making California off to the second round
(2) Memphis def. (15) Cal. St. North. >> making Memphis off to the second round


Okay, before all the hatin' starts, let me just tell you that this is my very first fantasy bracket. This is strictly just for fun...because, well, I ain't gonna bet...I'm too cheap. C'mon, give a college dude a break! This is my first time...Hope things will work out...So, we'll see...

What's on your fantasy bracket?


More soon...

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment