Monday, October 5, 2009

2 Wheels, 1 Guy - Let's RIDE!

As you may know already, I've sold my old mountain bike at a recent garage sale that was held at my crib. Some of you were asking why I sold it...Well, I was wanting to get a another one, but something that suited my taste and personality...and something more...I guess...mature. And a bike to just cruise around with; I'm looking at bicycles with a city flare to it--a fixie, single speed, thin tires, hmm...a road-racer sorta bike. Oh, and of course, it's gotta be a) Cheap! Around $300 or under $400 is PERFECT! b) Light-weight framed and c) Comfortable to sit and ride so I can endure those long types of rides...Gyeah. Basically it in a nutshell...

But I'm facing a little dilemma...I NEED HELP LOOKING FOR THAT RIGHT BIKE FOR ME. I'll be honest, I'm pretty new to the bike culture...Trying to get used to and learn all that lingo that's behind the bikes and all that jazz...And I'd love to ride again--beats driving my car almost daily. I just want to do something different. Anyways, does anyone out there know what brands and types that would work and suite for me? I'm talking about people who are really knowledgable or is a professional that know bicycles...not just any average person out there. I want the real deal! As of now, I'm just looking...so maybe in the future I'll be looking to purchase that right bike for me so I can head out and cruise...

Here are some bikes that I was looking at courtesy of the 'Net (and to help you guys see where I'm gettin' at here...)


This Schwinn Racer 2010 fits perfectly in my budget--under $300...not bad; swap the factory riser bar for a ergo drop bar, say, a dope lookin'/stylish color; maybe swap the brakes for disc up-front, and BLADOW! Ready to ride!

SE Lager Matte Black. I'd do a Matte Black with a yellow, orange, or pink accents/trim...Of course with matching color rims. Yum...!

Raleigh Rush Hour 2009

This is one smooth, mean lookin' Giant Bowery '84 model; I'm kinda liking this bike...

b.

P.S. This blog post will be on-going since I'll be learning the ropes of it all and when the day I FINALLY get to have a bike of my liking; expect more in the coming future...

No comments:

Post a Comment